Monday, September 11, 2006

A Letter to our baby

This is my first Blog post and I am writing this in my third trimester (exactly 9 weeks before our baby's due date), waiting anxiously to meet this little one that has been moving around day-in and day-out inside me, reminding me every moment that I am not alone any moment now and that "its' with me always.... :-) What a lovely feeling it is to be expecting a child, I didnt realise it untill we were blessed to be parents. So here's my attempt to express our anticipation of this new life, in the form of a poem: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like a warm embrace of sweet summer breeze, I feel you everyday.
Tossing and turning you flutter inside me each passing day.


You started your journey as a tiny seed of hope that grew each day.
Now you and I share a special bond that's unique in its own way.

I stop and cherish your every move each and every day,
Your Dad and I are anxious because we know you are on your way.

We wait so patiently to see your loving face,
For we know, it will be filled with wonderful loving grace.

You are the biggest miracle sent to us from heaven above,
Just know, we will be there to care for you and to love.

I thank the Lord for giving you to me,
for choosing us as your Mommy and Daddy to be.

I dream and imagine, what a bundle of joy you would be
and for now I just call you - my little "sweet-pea".

O' my sweet baby, my sugar pie, we want you to know,
You filled our blue sky with a beautiful rainbow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 comments:

anshulritu said...

Dear didi...just read this sweet peom which u have created for ur baby....here I send my best wishes for her/him....

Dear Sweetoo...

Wishing u all the bset for ur arrival into this beautiful world....May God take care of u and ur mom....

love
anshul-ritu

Anonymous said...

Hey Pragati,
This is bhawna, i chatted to u once with yamini. UR poem is so beautiful & feelingful.(my tears r not stopping somehow..) I'm riding with u in my 18th week & can understand everyth u talk abt.
Congratulations & all the best for the coming time.
take care.

Anonymous said...

Hellooo ,

I didn't know when did u become poet:)

Wonderful poem and nice thoughts.
All the good wishes & lov to you and the little one:)

-lokesh

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

Thank you all for your encouraging words. Yes, indeed the baby is bringing out the better side of me. This has ben a wonderful journey and an awesome experience. I will try to continue to put out my thoughts here as often I can.

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

Hey Bhavana, congratulations to you and your husband on your pregnancy. Thanks for your kind words of appreciation, I am glad I was able to bring out those wonderful emotions in you through the poem. You take good care ane enjoy this blissful journey. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Dear Pragati,
All ur pics n poem are very nice. I am really excited as soon I am going to be Mausi to a baby of my childhood friend. All the best n lots of wishes. Hope to see ur as well as little angel pic soon. I am really excited n wish that i also hold the little angel of urs in my arms. But that day will cum soon , Amen.
Lots of Love
Aisha Zaheer

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way of putting out motherhood emotions into this poem. good luck with your baby

Anonymous said...

Hi Pragati,

I love the new look of your blog. Not that I did not like the previous template, but like the change! We look forward to pictures and updates on Gauri.

Pam, Jason & Shealyn