Friday, November 23, 2007

First visit to a Hair Salon

After Gauri’s Mundan (Hindu tradition of shaving baby’s head) last week of March, we let her hair grow all this while. I was quire hopeful that I will be able to tie pigtails on my sweet pea but I guess I was wrong. Though she had enough hair to pull them into pigtails, but our little monkey did not want to stay at one place for anything. Ofcourse ,she is a very busy girl (as they saw at her daycare) and to stand still for 30 seconds, for mum to tie her hair in a band – NO – NO…too much. I was so excited that I have a HUGE collection of hair accessories for her, which ofcourse I have hardly been able put those in her hair partly because she is so mobile and partly because she loves to take them out and put them in her mouth. So finally, I decided to get her a decent hair trim if not a real hair cut - her hair was growing ‘Wild’.


Well anyway, after several unsuccessful attempts and various appointment cancellations and visits to different hair salons, I finally found one that was especially for ‘kids’. Sure, as her dad says, I am a “perfectionist”, thought, I don’t quite agree with him because all I want is to do things “right”, though I agree that sometimes it takes way too much time for me to just “do-things-right” but there was no compromise with Gauri’s hair-cut. After-all she has (atleast that’s what I think and a lot of people who see her tell me) the most beautiful hair for a one year old and I didn’t want anyone to mess it up specially when she is just 10 days from going to India first time. This salon had excellent reviews on internet and I had myself interviewed the hair dresser who was going to cut Gauri’s hair. I know that sounds funny but I needed the assurance that they understood that she is 1 year old, can’t stay in one place for more than a minute and how I wanted her hair.
We reached the salon 15 mins late and just as we entered they did give me “the look” and made me realize I was late for my ‘Appointment’ - can you believe it – baby needs hair appointment – Gosh! What are we talking about – no spontaneity, we are talking about a baby here. Well the place was somewhat special I must say - very cute and especially for kids and the people were trained to handle kids and I did like the overall experience. Sure the prices were comparable to adult hair cuts if not more! It did cost much more for Gauri to have a hair cut than her dad…..hahahaha…. I truly find that amusing. Anyway, Gauri I was so well behaved and stood still the entire time, here eyes were glues to the Mirror where she watches the girl do stuff with her hair. Sure, she loves it when you gently strove her hair (just like her dad) and loves to watch herself in the mirror. So she had a nice easy hair cut and even gave a BIG smile for a picture with the hair dresser. I think she looks cute with this new hair cut. I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, what a silly goose! She looks so cute in these photos.

Shealyn too had her first haircut at that same place, and her second, however for this last (3rd) cut we found a place right up the road that did a great job.

Well, except they gave her, her first loli-pop (with my okay of course). I could hardly get her to leave.

Great job remembering the camera for this event, it's hard enough to get them out of the house sometimes!

Have a wonderful & safe trip to India!