Wednesday, February 17, 2010

God's most amazing creation

Mother!
I am sure we all agree to that, and I hope we find that time to let the woman who gave us birth know, that what an amazing person she is (or was).

Very sadly, I want Gauri and Neel to know that today its been 10 years of us losing our most beloved mother, the Nani they unfortunately haven't meet, but the Nani who still continues to guide and motivate their mother (me) to try to be a good mother to them. My little babies, I hope I can be a mother just like your Nani, who will always love and care for you on earth or in heaven.

I do wish mom, you were here to sit by my bed-side and roll your finger through my hair when I would be sick; I wish you would still sing me the same lullaby that you used to when I couldnt fall asleep; I wish you were here to chat with me all night long while everyone was fast asleep; I wish you were hear to easy my fears, to wipe my tears, to share my excitement, to be proud of my achievemnets and above all to mother me, while I mothered my children. I miss you more than words could ever express.

This picture is my absolute favorite from my brother's wedding, its just that its little short of being perfect - I think its missing our mother, but so is every picture! We love you and miss you always, dear mother. Hope you are resting in peace.

6 comments:

Anupama said...

Pragati this one is very touching. I am sure aunty is watching you and her blessings are always there.
Read this somewhere -
"No one in the world can take the place of your mother. Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right. She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones."

Unknown said...

Hi Pragati,very true indeed and your loss is the greatest to bear but, as you say, she is there all the time...watching you,guiding you!And God needs angels like her around,thats the reason she'e there with HIM.

mansi said...

Didi it is so beautifully written that everytime i read this it brings tears to my eyes ...

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

Anu, the quote is is really so true and so perfect.
Sarar, I do not know if HE really needs such angels more than we do, I just know that I will never know what it feels like to have a mother as a grown up woman and as a mother yourself.
Mansi, I know exactly how you feel, I pray to God every day to give strength to all those who have lost their parent(s) because only HE can put some healing Meds on those wounds.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

two 'lil weeds mama said...

Beautiful picture here! Many warm congrats to your brother and his new wife! xoxo