Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Daffodils

After another long hectic work day, when I returned home this evening, exhausted and tired, little did I know that one look at my little munchkin this evening is going to put a big smile on my face and compel me to take out my camera immediately.
And as I was downloading these pictures I was reminded of that famous poem by Williams Wordsworth - "The Daffodils". Look at these pictures and you'll know why.
THE POEM

I wandered lonely as a cloud That floats on high o'er vales and hills,When all at once I saw a crowd,A host of golden daffodils;Beside the lake, beneath the trees Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine And twinkle on the milky way,They stretched in never - ending line Along the margin of a bay;Ten thousand saw I at a glance,Tossing their heads in sprightly dance. I gazed - and gazed - but little thought What wealth the show to me had brought;

For often when on my couch I lie In vacant or in pensive mood, They flash upon that inward eye Which is the bliss of solitude;And then my heart with pleasure fills,And dances with the daffodils.

I have always liked the poem so much and ofcourse the daffodils too, but I love my little Daffodil the most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, isn't Gauri so lucky to have such a creative Mama. How sweet this entry is as well as these adorable, adorable - did I say, adorable photos. She looks gleaming in yellow! Great to see you posting... we love checking in to see updates.