Monday, February 26, 2007

LOL - Laugh Out Loud

This past saturday (Feb 24 of 07) we all were in the kitchen, everyone was busy with their own things, I was sweeping the kitchen floor (regular Saturday morning ritual). So yes, while I was busy with my work, I heard a loud laugh, and if everyone was in the Kitchen, then who was laughing in the living room ?? Yeap – that was Gauri’s first real laugh as she was watching baby Einstein. I ran to catch her laughing, she looked at me and laughed again. It was funny and so darn cute. I immediately picked up my camera and captured that amazing laugh with my camera. And as she laughed her eyes almost closed, it was so funny to watch her laugh like that, it was one of the purest forms of happiness, so rewarding! And once I knew she could laugh I tickled her, danced around - making funny faces to get just “one-more” laugh but she didn’t seem to do it again.
She just looked at me in amazement as if thinking - "what's wrong with you mom - why are you making all these weird sounds and standing on your head", until I made a funny fake-laugh myself and there – she laughed again.
My God - that was the most precious moment - and once again I told to myself – It's worth all the morning sickness, back aches, baby weight, stretch-marks, sleepless nights and many more troubles that come bundled with motherhood!
To all the moms out there – NEVER forget to pat yourself for the great job you are doing and if (?) it ever gets tough – look into your little one’s eyes and I can assure you - you’ll feel a special smile JUST FOR YOU.

I love you Gauri!

3 comments:

two 'lil weeds mama said...

Oh... wow... she's a doll, look at that first picture! What a happy little pumpkin. Great catch of the laughing. It is so rewarding huh. Shealyn did something new about a week ago and I started to cry (happy tears of course), but I was so excited to see the learning and so proud of her. It is something that is hard to put into words. Cannot wait to hear her myself!

Anonymous said...

Ur bundle of joy is a real pleasure to watch too.....:) Her laugh reminds me of the sunshine..which illuminates the whole place wherever it goes.

ABHINAV said...

hey bhabhi i loved your article....one can actually know how it feels to be a mother .....i ll just say yr article is true and pure
keep rocking