Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ah! the Belly Button

Pardon me for this post, since I am not sure if this might sound a little bit weird, specially the part where I get more detailed and visual, but I found this so amusing that I had to share it with all you ladies (and men if any).

So baba (daddy) is out again on a business trip to a much warmer place and Gauri and I stuck home in this chilly-grey-no-sun day of New England winter. Of course, Gauri is so mobile now that its IMPOSSIBLE to keep that kid indoors. She needs to move move move and I have to find new things we can do indoors to keep her entertained. So after reading all the books, watching some Tom and Jerry, I played some music on and kid started dancing. Gauri is a dancer, she always has been, since almost when she was about 8 months old. She loves music (almost every kind and to some she simply likes to clap and others she just 'bangs her head' and I – I get dizzy banging mine!


She doesn’t care much for anything on TV but if you turn on the radio or the iPOD anytime, even just as she wakes up in the morning, that little monkey immediately drops everything and starts dancing. Yes, dancing.
Well anyway, so what happened is while we both were dancing I did that funky move and bent backwards on my back and she saw my belly button (a couple of days ago). Since then every now and then she just wants to see my belly button. She laughs and giggles as soon as she get a peak at the BB – not sure why is it so funny, but it seems to entertain her immensely. Every so often she will remember it and come running to me, lifting my shirt up and getting a kick out of tickling me there.

So last light during her bath time, she suddenly discovered her belly button, and boy – how happy she was….her eyes were light by a weird shine and she was poking in it, putting lotion and everything possible in it – even trying to stick a Cheerio in it – yeap Cheerio. She was so happy she was getting hysterical. She wouldn’t stop playing with it, I had to almost hide it with her diaper and make her believe that its gone. But came morning she found it again and now she often lifts her shirt (and mine too) and points at it and laughs. Funny how that tiny little belly button caught her attention and amused her so much.

Apparently it looks like even fruits and vegetables have belly buttons LOL!!

3 comments:

two 'lil weeds mama said...

Awl, how adorable! Isn't it amazing what she is doing now a days & what she is discovering.

It seems like yesterday that she arrived and now she's on to Belly Buttons; too cute.

Unknown said...

Hey Pargati, thats a very cute post!!And ur blog looks really good..all ready for Valentine.

Anonymous said...

You have beautifully written there about "BELLY BUTTON". I use to feel amazed to see Lovi playing with not just her's but even Khushi's belly button. Now I can understand, how important is this little part of our body to these kids. : )
I must praise you for a beautiful and cute write-up.
I could not stop myself from
laughing aloud.