Monday, February 04, 2008

15 months old - Time flies

Gauri, turned 15 months yesterday. I still cant believe where time is flying away. She is growing way too fast for her mum….. I wish I could get more of her….I wish I could capture every single moment in a box and re-live it again when she is all grown up.
Of course she is no more an infant, she is a lil kid for sure, doing everything that a 15 month old does….and more....
She has a vocabulary that consists of "Mama", “mumma”, “ma” and "Dada", “papa”, “baba”, “nana”, “buba”, “meme” plus some other words, such as “Hello” (only when she has a phone in her hand), "Turtle” (thanks to her animal book, I wonder how she learned the most difficult animal….)She is also saying "More" and a word from hindi language “dede” dede meaning “give me”. The lasted development has been that at the very sight of a dog, its picture in a book, on TV ,she would immediately say “bhu-hu”, that sounds so funny when she says that!! Last couple of days, her daily activity report card from the Day care states “Gauri has been very talkative today”
She can also follow simple commands, such as "Not that drawer – that’s daddy’s" or "Put it back" or “come here”…. “Please give mum a kiss”. She very well understands the phrase "No," but must of the time she decides to ignore. She is definitely having a lot of fun talking and of course I am having more fun watching her talk.

She days are not very active – full of running around in the house (not walking – just running), hiding behind the doors, climbing (and falling) on the step up stool, pushing things around and making sure nothing stay where mum left it. I believe she is trying to redecorate the house, why not, she has her mum’s genes lol. I cant believe where these little ones get all this energy from, oh and I remember one of the dad’s (of one of Gauri’s little friend) we meet a couple of days ago said “they don’t get it from anywhere, they just drain it from us” hahahahaha…..how true. Now I know why I am dead tired and ready to go to bed at 8 PM (Well, if I get to go down that early or not that another question).

Gauri is also very keenly observing everything I do, its funny to find her imitating my hair drying process, applying lip guard on the lips….pretty much everything. Its so hilarious when she starts doing exactly how I do something. Oh gosh, it’s a full time entertainment channel just watching this little monkey copy us. On her 15th month Birthday, we took Gauri to the Pet store to look at some of the cute animals. She loved the birds and the mouse though I am not sure what she thought of the fishes (she wasn’t much interested) her favorite though was the dog, one of the pet owners had brought in the store. I think we might have to get her a pet sometime (not sure how will we manage that during our month long vacations to India). We also took Gauri for her first swim in the big swimming pool at the Red Door Spa and she loved it. We three had a great time celebrating her 15th month Birthday.

Happy 15th month birthday honey – we love you and you make our world a fun place to be in.
Everyone, have a great week.

3 comments:

two 'lil weeds mama said...

Love the new look of your site, you've been busy 'redesigning'. =) How absolutely true is Manish's friend saying, 'they do not get their energy anywhere- just drain if from us'.

I'm so with you on the lovely 'thought' of bed @ 8PM, maybe one day it might happen.

My favorite update to the blog is the photo of Gauri bitting (i think) a table. LOVE, LOVE this picture.

She is simply adorable and holy cow, it is truly amazing she is already 15 months.

xo, pam, jason & shealyn

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

Thanks for your kind words about the new look - I guess I was just in the mood :o)
Well do you know Pam - whose words are those 'they do not get their energy anywhere- just drain if from us' - none other than Shea-shea's dada LOL!

Anonymous said...

Pragati you have a it very gud by writing a blogspot for Gauri..
its really a gud idea...

this will be one of the presents we can give to our child when they grow up...
and i am sure they would be interested to read it...