Saturday, May 03, 2008

Little girls when they grow-up

Still love their daddies the most and daddies never stop loving them either.

Ok, now I shouldn’t but I am writing this little post about me instead of it being about Gauri. But I was so touched by a beautiful card I received from MY daddy that I couldn’t resist sharing it with you all and specially with Gauri, so she knows that no matter how grown up she may get, but she will ALWAYS BE DADDY’S LITTLE GIRL (just like her ma is for her naanu (Grandpa) )

On this birthday, I received this most beautiful birthday card ever, it touched my heart and definitely made my day. Sometimes, due to distances, due to our very busy lives and a million other things, we forget to appreciate small things and forget to tell our loved ones how much we love and appreciate them in our lives. This card made me realize how very much my father loves me and that, I must have brought similar happiness to his life that Gauri has brought into ours. Although, all grown-up now, we sometimes almost talk to our parents like we know everything and we know what’s best for them, but honestly, wouldn’t you give up anything and everything to just be that same little girl who would sit on your daddy’s shoulders to watch a puppet show or go to nauchandi-mela (fare) and ride that giant-wheel and every other scary ride sitting besides him? - I would!!

Here’s the card that brought tears to my eyes and took me back to my cherished childhood:

For the benefit of my non-hindi speaking friends, here is the translation of the card in English, Of course it is almost the literal translation so I can’t do justice to the beautiful simily being used in hindi but I am sure you’ll get the idea.

Dear Daughter,
You are our biggest happiness.
When you came into our life,
It felt as if the moonlight just came down to light our home
Your smile has decorated every corner of our house
May your life bloom like a beautiful garden,
Our world has become beautiful just by having you.

Thank you Father,
you are simply THE BEST
and I will always love you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No Pragati, you are not allowed to write such touching things ..this one made me cry and miss my dad so much!!

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

Oh Sara, those tears are worth it. At least they remind us - we are still humans and in this overly-material world LOVE of a parent still TOPS everything else. :o)
Give a call to you Dad today and just let him know how much you miss him even in you "comfortable" american life.

two 'lil weeds mama said...

Happy Birthday again Pragati- what a beautiful entry. Love the color on your latest background.

So, when again are we getting together to celebrate your Birthday???

Anonymous said...

hi paru, new post on ur blog is nice, brought tears in my eyes.