Monday, April 13, 2009

Too Sexy for any hair!!

The little man now has a new hair style officially – “Baldy”!!

On April 8 2009, Neel had his "Mundan" ceremony – Baba was the official Barber (Naai) and I have to say he did a wonderful job. Neel sat in his lap the entire time and credit also goes to my little darling for being extremely patient the entire time – not a single tear, no fuss and baba did and excellent job – not a single cut!! So where was I during this time? Oh welll, I was holding Ms. Gauri and keeping her busy with camera and the camcorder since he was very fascinated with the clipper and absolutely amused with Neel’s new hair style.

Holding the Tripod - our designated photographer for the occasion.

Neel’s newly shaved head made him look SUPER cute and I have to admit that I am totally loving his clean shaved head…No hair and a big smile -makes me crazy(er) about him.


Gauri says “Neo looks funny” "Neo is Ganju Pateel"…..hahahaha…..Oh but I think she doesnt really like the idea of head-shave because she woke up one night crying and calling her baba, murmering "baba, no cut Gauri hair like Neo's". I felt really bad that what impact did this have on her. Next day morning I talked to her and tried to explain that we will never cut her hair like "neos" but that little babies get thicker nicer hair after Mundan, we even showed her the pcitures of her mundan and how cute she looked in those. She is OK now.


I remember, Gauri was born with such thick hair and they grew thicker and longer so quickly that it almost broke my heart to do her mundan. Gauri - 3 days old.


I had spent hours on internet trying to find reasons why “mundane” is such a big deal and why is it necessary and if there really is a logic in this….and I did find some interesting information. In Hindu culture it is believed that the hair from birth is associated with undesirable traits from past lives (Hindus believe in re-birth). Thus at the time of the mundan, the child is freshly shaven to signify freedom from the past and moving into the future. The rite is performed as a special ceremony in most homes, for young children and then the hair are offered to the holy river (Ganga). We have also saved Neel’s hair to take with us to India of offering in the Ganges. So we had finally decided to shave off our little darling but my tears were shedding at the same speed at which her hair was falling. It was probably the hardest thing for me (to see her bald after being used to seeing her with full head of gorgeous hair).


Gauri after her Mundan


But either that Neel had much less hair to being with, or that I had become somewhat conditioned to this or probably because My little man looks all the more handsome with shaved head – no tears were shed by mum this time !!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Paru this lil champ look like his nanu....he resembels him(uncle) & abhi a lot.

God bless the kutchu buchu,he is looking sooooooooooo cuteeeeeee.

Luv u - Shweta Mausi

mansi said...

didi....neil looks sooper cool in his sooper cool hair do...and really his smile resembles tauji a lot ...

muahhhh......
-mimi

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

Hey Mimi, thanks for your first comments ever. And Shwets and Mimi, Papa will be too happy to realize that you all think Neel resembles him. I hope he not only resembles his Nanu but also gets the wonderful qualities of his Nanu.

Thanks both for your lovely comments.

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

Shwets, thanks for using my nick-name, I hardly ever hear that now - it reminded me of our school days.....Beautiful old days. Now its officially documented for Gauri and Neel and wont be lost with time specially when I am old and I have faded memory, the name from my past will cheer me up and my kids will know something a little more about me. Miss ya.

Divya Goel said...

so now we have world's most beautiful n lovely kids in our own family. we r so happy n feel lucky to have them as an important addition to our family. gauri is growing beautiful. her hair has grown even more long. Neil's hair is been shaved though it does not make any difference. ganju as earlier. he has got sharp eyes, fair complexion n round face cut. bua's darlings......i never fell so much in love with any kid as with trio of my niece n nephews. being bua is most beautiful relation. my both bhabhies have rewarded me with that. me n gauri hold the same special place in this family. i wish my kids will also have the same beautiful bonding with their cousins.

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

Thanks T for the beautiful words. You are a wonderful bua - the best Neel and Gauri could have.