Monday, February 18, 2008

A daughter may outgrow your lap......

but she will never outgrow your heart.


Remembering my mother, the woman who made me the woman I am today, who taught me everything I know, who spent countless sleepless nights worrying about me, caring for me, who put my dreams in front of every single one of hers, and expected only one thing in return - that I be a daugher who loves her.

Althought mother, you are no longer in this world, but I can feel your presence and continue to be your daughter in more profound ways. Mother, we love you and will alaways do. I just hope that I can be a good mother myself.

Gauri honey, I want you to know your Nani (mother's mother) as the most amazing woman you would have known, a woman with a heart so big, that she had place in her heart for every single person who crossed their path with hers. She was a wonderful guide a child could have the best friend a girl could ask for.

10 comments:

two 'lil weeds mama said...

What beauties, all three of you.

You have got me crying now. This is so beautiful. Pragati, what a wonderful job putting this together, the saying and the photos. It is just lovely.

I hope you print it and put it in one of Gauri's baby things/books.

I'm so sorry your Mom is not here in person, but it is a wonderful blessing knowing she is with you all in spirit continually.

xo, pam

Nan M Gough said...

What a truly touching post Pragati. A wonderful tribute to your Mother. Thank you for sharing with us all...

Love, Nan (Pam's friend and Amelia's Mommy)

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

Thank you Pam and Nan for your kind words. I think I truely owe everything I am today to my mother and I wish she was here with us and Gauri could have herself witnessed what an amazing Grandma she has. Nevertheless I still want Gauri to know as much about her Grandma, as I can. May be this will inspire me to be a good mother myself.
I think it is after being a mother myself that I have truely come to appreciate what my mother did for us. I just wish, I had realised this earleir and could have told her in person how much we appreciate her in our lives!

two 'lil weeds mama said...

I'm sure she knows and sees now by your actions with Gauri.

=) Pam

Unknown said...

Our moms sure have big shoes to fill in,Pragati.All we can do is keep trying to fill even a small part of it.

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

You are so right Sara. I can now appreciate EVERY single thing she did for us and the immenee patience she had with us.... I truely do not have a fraction of what she possessed. I just hope to keep getting ispired by wonderful friends and Moms like you and others I have in my life now, to continue to be a good mother for my most wonderful daughter.

Jas said...

Lovely post! *sigh
What you presented is so so true and still you rose above the truth by putting that picture! lovely!
Got here from Sara's blog, am glad I did. Somehow it reminds me of the great motherly love that nurtured me and my sis all along! Must be great to be a mom, no? :)

Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Not so perfect mom of Neel & Gauri said...

Thanks Jas! I am glad it reminded you of your mother too. Truly, the hard work and dedication of a mother surpasses everything else in the world. And you are right - being a mom is the BEST thing a woman can experience. I love being Gauri's mom, it makes me complete.

Jas said...

:)
and she is sooooo adorable!! but have u realised thats exactly how ur mother and DAD too thought about you, when ur 1cm long fingers held to theirs :)