Friday, February 15, 2008

Love is in the air

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines day yesterday. Gauri and I tried to keep ourselves busy and made the best of it; missing baba so much that she was calling this other kid’s dad – baba and embarrassed me, was telling Gauri “that's not baba, baba is going to be home soon…” Poor kid, I felt sorry for her, but who can we blame? Let me think, humm… well nobody; OK on a second thought baba’s job that takes him away from us so often and just like last year – on Valentines Day also. But hey, who said you’ll always be dealt all Aces in life??

Anyway, I know I am late for wishing everyone Happy Valentines day, but better late than never. I wanted to write this post yesterday but just was too tired last night from baking and decorating the previous night. This was the first year Gauri was going to celebrate Valentines Day with her friends at daycare and I had no idea how to make it special. I had thought of making Valentines Day cookies for her to take to the day care but when I saw heart shaped cookies everywhere in the supermarkets, I didn’t feel it was worth making them at home. So I decided to make mini cupcakes. We made several different types of cupcakes (I mean in shape and decoration) some heart shaped and some same ol round. Thank God, the recipe I followed was great, they came out just perfect though some of them oozed out of the cupcake liners, but I made plenty to chuck away some.

In the morning Gauri work up early and both she and I had fun time decorating them. I had already bought plenty of things to decorate (of course I had no idea what it takes to decorate them) When it comes to baking I am the worst and I will not lie, but that evening the thought of just buying some from the super market did cross my mind, but every time I was reminded of my mom and how special we felt when she would bake us a cake for our birthday etc. Of course she was the BEST cook in the entire world and I am not exaggerating this, some of you will concur with me on this since you have had a chance to taste her cooking, everything she made was simply amazing.
Anyway, the cupcakes looked cute and when we took them to the day care, Gauri’s teachers we very appreciative. In the evening we had a note from some teachers that they were really yummy and of course there were none left in the tray. This morning someone asked me for the recipe of yesterday’s cup cakes and that felt like a true compliment. Oh did I mention they had real strawberries in them – why not, our little Boo loves strawberries. And by the way I don’t have many pictures from yesterday, will post them here soon. And the name Boo was given to Gauri yesterday by her teacher since she thought Gauri reminded her of Boo in Monster Inc.

And before I end, here’s a beautiful quote I once read somewhere:

~~~~~~"Trip over love, you can get up.~~~~~
~~~~~~Fall in love and you fall forever."~~~~

4 comments:

two 'lil weeds mama said...

What a sweeeeet post. This entire post is just too lovely Prgati.

Where in the world did you locate a photo of strawberries in the shape of a heart? Shealyn knew they were hearts before she realized they were strawberries.

Those cupcakes look delicious. I've never in my life got cupcakes to look that pretty; I thought you were photographing at the bakery or something before I read your words. Beautiful job! I bet they tasted mighty good too. I'd also love the recipe if you have to pass and when there is time. Cupcakes strawberries, they sounds absolutely delicious. They were for sure baked with LOVE.

Sorry Manish was away for the holiday, but I am sure you two were very much close to his heart and thoughts on the special day.

Gauri does look a little like Boo, well the hair, but Gauri's much more adorable than Boo in the face. What a sweet nickname. And you found a exceptionally sweet photo of Boo to show who they meant.

Fabulous job with this post Pragati it is truly beautiful and I do know it takes time to put this effort into a post.

two 'lil weeds mama said...

Sorry above was so long. I did forget one thing... can you share the jpeg of that pic of Gauri bitting the table. I'd love to post it on our refrig. =) It's too adorable. =) thanks and hope all is well. pam

Anonymous said...

just seen gauri's latest pics on her blog.She looks really cute...... and ofcourse those cupcakes looked( and I'm sure, must have tasted)fantastic........

Anonymous said...

belly-button article is fun
to read and valentine one is beautiful with pics of
yummies!!. How do you manage to do that much with
Gauri and full time job, really appreciable.